Saturday, May 29, 2010

Philosophy of Education survey results

After tallying my results, I found the following:
#1 Humanism
#2 Information Processing
#3 (tie) Constructivism/Reconstructivism
#5 Progressivism
#6 Behavioralism
#7 Perennialism
#8 Essentialism

The results were not surprising. I already knew I am not an essentialist, I am not a fan of standards and I am not a fan of core curriculum. I believe that student's interests should be allowed and having extra classes such as 'Politics', 'Fashion Design', and 'Graphic Design' allow for students to enjoy school and explore their interests. I was also not surprised by my number one choice. I am all for the individual student and helping them find their voice and their niche in life. I think that school should be a place where they can grow and explore their interests and feel safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment