Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grading the Gradebook




Engrade was extremely easy to use! The software walked me through set up and making changes to my gradebook was very simple! I created a class for Global History 9, and made marks in my gradebooks for a 'fake' class with homework, a quiz, and a project. I put in 'grades' and Engrade calculated the average for the class as well as a cumulative grade for the student. I love that students would be able to see due dates and their grades. This allows for them to learn responsibility for their own grades. Parents are also able to monitor their child's progress. I can even upload the actual assignment to the site so a student can download it if they missed a day. I am not sure what would improve Engrade, I think every feature is perfect and allows for accountability. Parents, students, and administrators can see what goes on in the class. I think Engrade would be extremely useful to classroom teachers. I know some veteran teachers enjoy their physical gradebooks, but this programs allows teachers to print out the sheets as well as have a digital backup (and no coffee stains!).

No comments:

Post a Comment