Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Internet Curriculum Project

My Internet Curriculum Project was not difficult at all. My project was Using Digital Video and Media to Enhance Classroom Learning. The only thing I struggled with was writing a lesson plan for it as if I was teaching my colleagues on a workshop day. I decided to make a Prezi in order to have the required visual presentation. Prezi was very easy to use and is a great tool for digital media. It is so much more fascinating than a powerpoint, and anyone can create one! I also created a Fotobabble for the presentation. This is a site that allows you to record your voice to a picture. I chose to use a picture from Egypt and describe the hieroglyphs. This is a tool that would be great to use for home-bound students. For my lesson I chose to have my colleagues explore Web 2.0 tools that can help them create digital media and then they were to break into groups to create their own lesson using the digital media.

Overall I thought this was a wonderful project, and something that definitely opened my eyes to thousands of new possibilities for lessons in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment