Wednesday, June 16, 2010

HA3- Mind-Mapping

My first Mind-Mapping experience!

I used Gliffy to create my first ever Mind-Map! I found it extremely easy to use, which was a blessing! I chose to do my mind-map on the Roman Republic, since I want to be a Global History teacher. The expected learning outcome from the mind-map is for the student to be able to see the connections between the patricians and the plebeians. The assessment this tool would fit with is for a short quiz on the topic of the Roman Senate. Mind-map will improve my student's learning of the Roman Republic because they will be able to quickly see the information and see the connections between the patricians and the plebeians. I learned that making mind-maps are easy and fun, and that I will definitely take advantage of them in the future! I like the Gliffy software because you could choose a template or create a mind-map from scratch! The next time I do mind-mapping, especially if I am with students, I will first outline the information I want included, so that I don't miss anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment