Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A week in my life...

This week I read, watched, and did some fascinating things for my Teaching with Technology class. I learned how to use hyperlinks in my blogs and projects, and I also learned how to collaborate using Gdocs. I also learned how to use Twitter! This is something that is a little weird and I'm not sure that I will use it once my class is finished, because I just feel 'too' connected. I watched a video of a presentation by Sir Ken Robinson, which I found to be funny and insightful at the same time. I believe that sometimes schools get too caught up in the 'standards' and what they think children should do in life, that they may "kill creativity". As teachers we need to remember that we had our dreams and we should foster our students dreams as well. Another resources I explored this week was 3-D binders. This was an interesting tool because it allows teachers and students to share their work with others. An great part of being a member of the Education community is sharing a good thing when you have it!

This week my group and I have been collaborating on a Webquest project for TwT. We are using Gdocs to set up our presentation and so far it has gone alright. We are still adding material, and learning how to create a presentation that is clear, concise, and hits all the requirements. I have enjoyed using Gdocs because it allows us all to edit the document and make it truly ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment